March 14, 2012

One Bad Apple

Bitterness touched me today.
Left a sour taste upon my tongue,
tastebuds twisting my mouth
into a pucker.

I detested the flavour.

It snuck upon me
all polished and shiny
and I was hungry, so
I took a bite.

Here she beckoned me.
Tis a bitter fruit
but wisdom and knowledge,
is given to the one who partakes. 

Well that's a bushel of nonsense.

Bitterness does not exist
in knowledge I said.
It lives in the resentment of man.
It only takes one bad apple
to spoil the whole bunch.

And little green worms.

Jackie Summers copyright

3 comments:

  1. Lots of truth in this Jackie...you're as much a Philosopher as you area a poet...Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh...I LIKED that one a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maggie & Bill ! <3 This is one that wrote itself.. I only held the pen. :)

    ReplyDelete