My dishes are not done,
there's laundry in the loo,
the carpets full of crumbs,
and there's dusting here to do.
Some say a house is loved
when all these things are done,
I say a house is not a home,
if the rooms aren't cluttered up.
Of course some say it's laziness,
just excuses for idle hands,
who are they to condemn
they're not holding the dustpan!
Ive better things to do today
than wonder at the mess,
it's not like I've company,
who cares if I'm not dressed!
Another time I may have cared,
but that's all past me now, and
I've grown quite accustomed
to the writing on the wall.
A house is not a home
if there never is a mess,
and only gets all gussied up,
when you become her guest.
So I'll just sit and think about
the beds not being made,
and if you happen by today,
well that would be a shame.
There's never a need to rush about,
or worry bout the lack of help,
and in the rug- there lies the lump!
It's where I put the maid.
Love the twist in the tale, you do this sooooo well
ReplyDeleteThank you Polly, I am glad you liked it. There is a bit of devilish fun it..
ReplyDelete